If you are the type of person that loves to help other people with technical issues with their computers or other technology, working with Asurion would be a great work at home job for you. As an Asurion Technical Customer Service Associate, you will be using your advanced technical knowledge to assist customers with their frustrations of their equipment issues and providing solutions so that the customer can get up and running again. Asurion is looking for those that can provide world-class customer service and is able to build trust with customers.
Little Background InformationAsurion has been around since 1994, currently running 49 offices worldwide with about 15,000 employees to help serve its 280 million consumers. The company is based in Nashville, Tennessee providing device protection and support services.
Is customer service the only work at home position at Asurion?Currently, yes. The Technical Customer Service position is for inbound customer service so customer will be calling in for your assistant with anything from technology to insurance claims that Asurion provides for them. As a customer service associate, you will be on an employee basis with the company and you will receive benefits.
What is the pay and benefits?As an Asurion employee, you will be paid on an hourly basis at the starting amount of $9 an hour. However, the pay can be increased to $12 an hour as you progress and you are even able to receive overtime, bonuses, shift differentials and other incentives. There is also six weeks of paid training. The benefits that will be available to you include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance
What are the requirements to work for Asurion?
- High school diploma or GED
- Pass background check and drug screening as well as subsequent background check on annual basis
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Flexibility to work all shifts as required
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Are there any technical requirements?
- Computer with the following requirements: Windows Vista or greater, 1 GHz Processor or greater, minimum 3 GB RAM, Internet Explorer, Virus Protection Software, Minimum 1 GB of available hard drive space
- High Speed DSL or Cable Modem Internet Service (Speed should be at least 6.0 MB/s download and 786 KB/s upload)
- Basic Residential Telephone Service - Analog or Digital (VOIP is not permitted)
- Corded headset with a noise-cancelling microphone
How to apply
Are you currently working or have you worked with Asurion from home? If so, what are your thoughts and experience with the company?