Job DescriptionSince we first entered the travel business in 1915, our Travel Network has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel networks. But more than our size, we pride ourselves on our philosophy. At American Express, we don’t just help our Card Members travel the world—we help them truly experience it. As a Work at Home Travel Counselor within American Express Travel, you will work in a virtual environment that will be aligned with our service center, taking incoming calls from Card Members, providing knowledgeable and consultative service based on your own experience and expert knowledge of the travel industry. Using effective questioning and rapport building, you will be able to make personalized recommendations and bookings through your understanding of the products and benefits available and ability to match these to the Card Members’ requirements. American Express fosters a goal-oriented environment, where you will be frequently coached as our commitment to help you develop world-class consultative skills. We want extraordinary Travel Counselors who can surpass our Card Members’ expectations by creating travel experiences of a lifetime.
As a Travel Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- creating memorable travel experiences for our Card Members by booking travel with a key focus in domestic and international destination air, car and hotel travel arrangements
- being accountable and taking ownership of the Card Members’ experience from beginning to end
- staying ahead of industry trends and continuously building destination knowledge
- creating innovative ways to resolve Card Members’ issues or concerns to win their loyalty and travel spend; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer, so they will recommend American Express Travel to others
Please note the expected start date for this class is February 9, 2015.
Candidates must be available to work between the hours of 5:00am – 1:00am local time, Monday - Sunday. Hours of operation may change due to business need.
BENEFITS - (Based on individual elections)
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional cash incentive bonus programs and recognition programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Day 1)
- Generous vacation and vacation purchase plan
- 401(k) WITH company match of 5% after 6 months
- Legal assistance, pet insurance, life and disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care reimbursement programs
- Domestic partner benefits
If you know what it takes to provide a true ‘luxury’ experience, this may be the role for you. For more information, other qualifications and to apply for this position, you can visit American Express Careers.